Learning hog after Eos

Heya folks,

How easy/hard would you say learning hog is after learning eos? Is there a lot of crossover between the 2 consoles given they come from the same (ish) brand? Also, are avo/chamsys/ma closer to hog than eos is?

• the Hog has a 20(?) year old lineage, Eos has 15(?) years, but only 4(?) years ago the two companies got together. so both families now belonging to ETC doesn't let you judge if they're similar or not.

• I had a feeling it would be as such

I've been approached by someone going 'But they are both ETC desks, so must be similar', thought I was missing some big integration between the 2.

• I would say HOG is closer to MA than to EOS.

Because the both use a programmer.

The overall overview is not as sorted as EOS.

But i think that HOG is a little more organised than MA. And has some similar ways of thinking to EOS. But over all i think it is more like the MA.

There is a lot more.

HOG is a nice an powerfull Desk. And the first steps are quite easy. The Learning Videos even encourange you to hop right in. Love the Videos with Joe Holler.

So give it a try.

But as ueli mentioned, HOG is a Desk on its own. Even though there is, nowadays, ETC standing in their Name.

And if you make it even more correct, they say in the study hall videos "High End System - an ETC Company".

And i can also recomand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yDvTneHjbI

There are some differences pointed out. Wonderfull Video.

Related