Multicell: Cell Intensity Marking

Hey hive mind,

I have been fighting this since multicell came out and it’s my biggest complaint. Wondering if I am missing something or if it is “on the list.”

When marking a light with multiple cells of varying intensities, why do I need to manually force the cell intensities to mark.

For example: In Q1, channel 41.1 thru 41.20 are all at full. Fine - 41 successfully comes up and out in Q2. These fades are done (by default) with the master channel.  But now three cues later in Q5, I want 41.1 thru .20 to be at 10% thru 100%. When the fixture fades up in Q5, the cells are simultaneously fading from their previous cued value of 100% down to the new intensity fan, while the master channel is fading up, which make the fade look crazy / wrong. It’s easy to work around - by manually forcing the cells to the Q5 intensity in the fixture’s mark cue.

It would be amazing if cells could mark like NIPs, to avoid this extra step of marking them manually, constantly. I’ve talked to other programmers who have faces the same thing. Thoughts???

• Hi there,

i get your point. But i also see that Multicell-Intensitie is still an Intensitie.

If i like to have my master always at full and only to play with my cell-intensities, the marking would do me the same harm as you are having now.

There is no 100% best solution for sure (in my oppinion). But i rather would stick to the differenciation of Int and NIP.

Related