Eos Classic monitors shut off

I’ve got an EOS Classic that I’m pretty sure has figured out that its days are numbered. Today it decided after being on for just a few minutes to turn off the integrated video monitors and just not turn them back on. I have two external displays and can tell that the console itself seems to still be functioning (I can turn lights on and off, move tabs to displays that are working, etc). I restarted it the first time it happened and it booted back up with the displays on, but it happened again a few minutes later and now rebooting isn’t bringing them back.  

Anyone had this happen before and/or have any suggestions? 

Console’s running 2.9.8?(can’t remember exactly and now I can’t see it. Sweat smile) It has not been moved recently, but got moved a couple times/year in the Beforetimes, and moved a lot more than that years before when it was on the expo circuit. 

I have had issues with this console falling victim to the BSOD, but new RAM seems to have helped and I haven’t had that particular issue in a while. 

Parents
  • Update: I shut it down and left it alone for a while. When I came back to it, the displays came on when I booted it up, and stayed on long enough for me to do a quick backup of the show archive. While I was doing that one of them flickered a bit, then both flickered, and like something out of a cyber thriller just a minute or so after I finished copying files, the displays went out again. 

It sure seems like hardware to me; next chance I get  I'm going to open it up and see if anything jumps out at me. 

• Update: I shut it down and left it alone for a while. When I came back to it, the displays came on when I booted it up, and stayed on long enough for me to do a quick backup of the show archive. While I was doing that one of them flickered a bit, then both flickered, and like something out of a cyber thriller just a minute or so after I finished copying files, the displays went out again. 

It sure seems like hardware to me; next chance I get  I'm going to open it up and see if anything jumps out at me. 

Children
Related