Looking for how to control cue with master Fader.

Saw a ETC video where they were showing how to pause a cue with bringing the master Fader down and controlling the rollout of the cue directly with the Fader. I can't seem to be able to find this video again.  Any help with where this video is or how to do what I'm looking to do. 

Thanks 

Jeff P. 

• If you pull down the Master Faider Pair and hit Go, you can manualy controll your Crossfade with your Faider pair.

You can also hit the Back/Stop Button any time and hit Play/Go again.

If your Cue is already running, you can lower the Fader Pair and raise it slowly up again. On the way up you will catch the running Cue, idealy, on its way. But this can have a disturbing look on Stage.

Hence, combine the 'Stop and catch up' or better go for a manual fade instead.

Also worth to mention is the Cue Rate. Or Rate Overwrite.

On IONxe, Gio, Gio@5 and Gio TI there is a dedicated Rate Wheel for such a action. In combination with the White Button [Rate] it could be helpfull.

And you can also make a dedicated Cue-Master-Rate-Fader

as mentioned by Paul Toben over here  Apex and the rate wheel 

• Thanks for helping Mathida. Will it matter if I'm using discreet timing in the cue? It may be OK if it does. I can remove the discreet timing if I have too.  Trying to use ML's to spot with and want manual control of the timing so I can follow the performers Instead of the performers trying to follow the spots. This is for a High School show. The students on spot lights will have gone back stage for bows leaving me with not actual spot lights to do it. 

• Dear Jeaf,

discrete timing is ok.

If you roll out the Cue manualy, all times will behave propotional.

In this case you are likely to insist on a manual cue.

So try to isolate the ML's for your Follow action and make it manual

[Cue]<number>[Time]{Manual}[Enter]

If you tippe out this, your Cue is always manualy to roll out.

Thats how i would do it.

Maybe it is not necessary to isolate the ML's...

You will find your way, i am sure.

And a second way to do it is:

use your Followspot on Farders.

Just record the End Position on a Fader, leave the Fader proportional, and use the fader for your Follow Action.

Every thing else can live in the Cue.

• The last thing you stated about using a Fader. I'm thinking I would like to see if the Fader would control just pan and tilt. With the cues controlling everything else. When could I then pull the Fader back and not have the ML's move back to the original position? The next cue continues with the same final settings of the previous cue. I'll give this a try later today. 

• You will figure something out. And maybe have a 3rd idea. I am totaly sure.

Have fun.

Related