Assigning channels to Slider Wing

We have an Ion Console in our theater, and just found that a 2x20 Fader Wing was purchased and forgotten when the theater was first built, in 2009. I have hooked it up, and it powers up fine and is connected to the console. I am having trouble finding directions for assigning channels to individual faders. Is this not possible? Is there any easy solution, or a click path to get there, or a section fo the manual that deals with this?

We have many unused channels in our theater, so just adding a bank of channels is not practical. For instance, the bulk of our lights are on channels 36-87, but some are on a few lower channels, and spots are above that, at 95, 96. 

Any practical experience would be greatly appreciated. 

• The only way to assign a single channel to a fader is to first put it in a Submaster, then apply that submaster to one of the faders.

So for instance, you might do the following:

[Chan 37 at Full]

[Chan 37 Record Sub 37 Enter]

Clear Command Line

Sub 37 Enter

Press the two buttons under a fader to apply Sub 37 to that fader.

Move the fader up and down to check that Chan 37 works as expected

Submasters can be numbered anywhere from 1 to 999.  I would definitely suggest matching Channel number to Sub number to keep it "easy" to remember what does what.  Alternatively, you could move away from a 1-1 patch (where Address 37 is controlled by channel 37) to something that makes sense for your space like "Channel 1 is always the frontlight that points Downstage Right" and happens to be plugged into outlet 86 this year.

Related