syncing RFR base and Hand Held unit

Hi ETC

I just bought a used ETC RFR base station and hand unit.

How do I sync the 2 together? the remote only shows "Direct USB" and cant find a base station, even when I Power On and [.].  Being from a rental lighting company, i can't confirm if these parts were ever used together, or if they came from different pairs.

The HH unit shows as user 1 and frequency #1, and my console is also set for the same

I've got the unit connected to my console, which normally has a base station connected.  I've unplugged my unit so there is no cross talk issue.  Years ago I had my base in a USB connection, but for the past 5 years it's been connected to the ethernet port.

The remote does show a base station with weak output when I Power On and [2].  (ETC RFRbase 14:58:E7  (-72dB).  this is when I'm standing next to the console.

The Remote shows 2.07 when I boot it up (same as my existing units).

Thoughts, hints?

Thanks
Andrew

Parents Reply
  • Thanks.  Haven't read them yet, and here's the weird thing.  Came in this AM and booted up, and turned on my own remote while the new base station was connected.  My remote found the other station fine.

Power down my remote, and boot up the new (used) HH, and it now connected fine.

Thanks, as always for your guidance Ueliriegg

Children
No Data
Related