Element 2 Go Button occasionally fails to advance to the next Cue

Our Element 2 now occasionally fails to advance to the next Cue when the Go button is pushed.  We clearly hear the click of pushing the button but nothing happens. The next Go button push and the cue then runs as expected.  So now the operator has to watch the Playback Status Display (Cue List) to make sure the Cue actually advanced.

These are pretty simple shows, not too many lights or cues, no Augment3d model built for the space yet so no model in the show file, and the Augment3d tab is not open, Element 2 running software version 3.1.

The Master Playback faders are all the way up.  It doesn't have anything to do with timings as it still does this when I'm holding the Shift Key down when I hit Go to skip timings.

I've done a face panel test and the Go button works every time there, and I've hit the Go button in the face panel test ad nauseum.  I also tried a Deep Clear, no difference.

The only thing I've changed lately is to turn on RDM.  Our lighting network is DMX, 2 Universes straight out of the Element 2, no nodes.  Except for an an old Strand CD80 Dimmer Rack, all the fixtures on the system are ETC (Source Four LED Series 2 and ETC Relevé Spots on Universe 2, Strand CD80 Dimmer Rack on Universe 1).  Termination at the end of the DMX run.

I'll try turning RDM off today to see if that makes a difference.

Would logs help?  [Displays]+[Record] to add a "LOG_EVENT" flag to the logs?

• It was free, no charge.  In our case, they told me our Element 2 was from an early part of the production run and the circuit board for the Go button had been redesigned.  They sent the replacement newer version of the board at no charge.  It is simple to replace if you are at all handy with a screwdriver and understand to keep yourself grounded (no static) while replacing the circuit board. Call Tech Support during a weekday with your Element 2's Serial number and see what they say.

Related