Focus FX Subs - How to start from background position when triggered

Apologies if i cant explain this clearly.

I have various effects mapped to FX subs using FX Rate control on the handle, start/stop effect & release on the two bump buttons.

I want to be able to start the effect (via the start/stop FX bump button) with the handle down at 0% so there is no movement until i start to fade up the handle thus increasing the FX rate to desired level.

This all works fine currently except for the fact that the effect seems to have captured a starting focus position for all of my movers, my assumption is its to do with the 'spread' setting within the effect and its pre-spreading all of the movers starting positions ready to then move. So when i start the effect at 0% the movers instantly spread themselves in to a new focus position before then running the effect as i fade up the handle. This ends up looking decidedly odd.

What i want to achieve is to start the effect at 0% and the movers remain in their background position from whatever cue they are in. Then to increase the handle and start them moving in their focus fx from that base position rather than from the random position they currently fly in to.

Im clearly not setting this up in the most correct or efficient way so any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Related