Led colour reproduction

Just wondering why the colour interpretation of a RGBW fixture is so different than the gel colour.

take a Lee 132 gel with a new 3200k source (Lee filters advice), this is the correct shade.

Ask my RGBW fixtures to do the same, & you get something completely different. I only have one type of fixture so nothing to compare with.
The result seems to be the same for any chosen colour.
I have resorted to mixing a few colours (inc Tugnsten 32k) that are near & storing them in CP's

So what is the point of having all the different swatches if they are not even close to required colour.
Now I appreciated it could be my fixtures, having only the 4 Led's it may be difficult to reproduce specific colours.

I have tried the same at work with S60 Skypanels & although they are closer, you couldn't mix with a conventional fixture.
I am happy mixing my own colours, but it would be helpful if they were somewhere near, so as a starting point.
I have not tried altering the saturation, could this help?

Element, current software.
Rogue 1 Wash units.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

P.

• There are several factors that impact how accurate the color picker can be. Not only are there varying combinations of colours, RGB, RGBW, RGBA etc, but there are also a myriad of emitters within those. One RGBA fixture is not the same as another RGBA fixture.

Eos has colour calibration information for some fixtures. If you're using an ETC fixture such as a Source 4 Series 2 Lustr, or others such a Robert Juliat Dalis, these have undergone calibration which measures the output of the individual emitters. When this process has been completed, Eos is able to provide much more accurate colour calculations. Where this information is missing, Eos has to fall back to generic calculations, and these can result in fairly significant differences fixture to fixture depending on all of the factors above.

Hope that makes some sense of it.

Related