Multi cell fixture intensity parameter behaviour

Is there a reason that the "intensity 1" parameter doesn't behave in the same way as "intensity 2" or "intensity 3"? When I create a cell for a multi cell fixture that just has "intensity 1" as the only parameter it creates an "intensity" virtual parameter automatically, and this can be used to change the output level for cell 1. However, when I create another cell with "intensity 2" as the only parameter, it doesn't automatically create an "intensity" parameter, and if I add one manually it doesn't affect the output level of the cell.

Parents
  • If you make yourself a multicell Fixture maybe you don't need intensity1, intensity2, ...

Most likely just intensity is enough.

What are you trying to build?

• I’m trying to build a Showtec Blaze 4 fixture, they are 4 way LED blinders with RGB backlight, and the channels are:

1: pod 1 tungsten intensity

2: pod 2 tungsten intensity

3: pod 3 tungsten intensity

4: pod 4 tungsten intensity

5: pod 1 red backlight intensity

6: pod 1 green backlight intensity

7: pod 1 blue backlight intensity

8: pod 2 red backlight intensity

9: pod 2 green backlight intensity

10: pod 2 blue backlight intensity

11: pod 3 red backlight intensity

12: pod 3 green backlight intensity

13: pod 3 blue backlight intensity

14: pod 4 red backlight intensity

15: pod 4 green backlight intensity

16: pod 4 blue backlight intensity

I’ve had to create an 8 cell fixture, because when I tried using a 4 cell profile cell 1 worked ok but none of the others did, I think it was because of the overlapping channel ranges for each pod (pod 1: 1,5,6,7 pod 2: 2,8,9,10 etc). Is this a known limitation of multi cell fixtures?

So the profile I’ve made is

Cell 1: pod 1 tungsten (1x intensity 1, 1x virtual intensity)

Cell 2: pod 2 tungsten (1x intensity 2, 1x virtual intensity)

Cell 3: pod 3 tungsten (1x intensity 3, 1x virtual intensity)

Cell 4: pod 4 tungsten (1x intensity 4, 1x virtual intensity)

Cell 5: pod 1 RGB backlight (1x Red, 1x Green, 1x Blue, 1x virtual intensity)

Cell 6: pod 2 RGB backlight (1x Red, 1x Green, 1x Blue, 1x virtual intensity)

Cell 7: pod 3 RGB backlight (1x Red, 1x Green, 1x Blue, 1x virtual intensity)

Cell 8: pod 4 RGB backlight (1x Red, 1x Green, 1x Blue, 1x virtual intensity)

My aim is to have a profile which allows me to do 3 things:

1. Select the whole fixture and from the ML controls individual turn the tungsten cells on and off (hence using intensity 1, intensity 2, intensity 3, and intensity 4)
    2. Select the whole fixture and use the colour picket to set colours on all 4 of the backlight cells together (which works fine)
    3. Create a strobe effect that will strobe whatever each pod has on, either backlight or tungsten, using the virtual intensity channels. This is the bit that doesn’t work because Intensity 2, 3 and 4 aren’t being affected by the change in the virtual intensity channels on those cells, and the mastered cell option doesn’t seem to do anything either.
  • Ok, so you aim for the 16Ch mode.

I would do a 4Cell Fixture

with main-Int(virtuel) +CTO +RGB

If you like to have every Pod extra in ML Control than there is no other way, i can think of, of having 4 different levels for every Pod.

But do you realy need to control them via Movinglight Control?

I you know what kind of FX you will perform. make them in advance and go with a regular 4 cell fixture.

And applying FX to Multicell is super easy.

Make a Group off all your Cells and than you can apply the FX directly

Master int (virtuell)
    Cell1 RGB+CTO
    Cell2 RGB+CTO
    Cell3 RGB+CTO
    Cell4 RGB+CTO

That is how i would do it.

• Thanks for your suggestion, I don't really need each individual cell in moving light controls, i'm just being a bit lazy! The problem is I can't do a 4 cell fixture because only the first cell works. I'm not sure if it's a limitation of multi cell fixtures, but I can't get any profile to work properly where the cells have split channel ranges that overlap. Cell 1 works fine, but all the other cells seem to do random things depending on what channels are up on unrelated cells.

• Multicell sometime are a bit complicated.

Have a look at your DMX table.

The Cells sometimes start at DMX 2 but thats not right.

Give this Fixture in the attached Showfile a try

Showtec - Stage Blinder 4 Blaze Mode 16Ch 2022-03-24 23-51-33.esf2 

• Thanks for the showfile. That fixture doesn't work because it is based on each cell being a continuous range of 4 channels, but the 16 channel mode on the fixture doesn't work like that.

The 16 channel mode on the fixture has the 4 cells of blinders first (1-4), then cell 1 backlight (5-7), cell 2 backlight (8-10), cell 3 backlight (11-13) and cell 4 backlight (14-16). I think its the fact that the blinder channel isn't next to the backlight channels that breaks everything when I try to use a 4 cell fixture profile on EOS?

• Thanks for the showfile. That fixture doesn't work because it is based on each cell being a continuous range of 4 channels, but the 16 channel mode on the fixture doesn't work like that.

The 16 channel mode on the fixture has the 4 cells of blinders first (1-4), then cell 1 backlight (5-7), cell 2 backlight (8-10), cell 3 backlight (11-13) and cell 4 backlight (14-16). I think its the fact that the blinder channel isn't next to the backlight channels that breaks everything when I try to use a 4 cell fixture profile on EOS?

Children
Related