RDM Patching

Hello, I'm struggling with RDM patching on an ION. I've enabled RDM on Output and enabled Device Discovery and I can see all the devices and their properties. I'm trying to patch them to channels within the device list and while it seems to take the device type onto live table patched it simply lists each address as intensity. Can't use color picker it shows an error. Is this normal or am I missing something and do RDM patched devices need to be controlled by individual address?

Parents
  • it simply lists each address as intensity.

This is Eos' fallback behavior when the replies it gets to RDM requests are malformed.  My guess is that the Chauvet device is giving the proper number of addresses (the footprint size) but then not giving useful answers to a request of what each attribute does.  We could confirm this by looking at logs from your console, if saved from the Shell and include "RDM Cache" in the advanced options.

Unfortunately, if that's the case, it would require work from and a firmware update from Chauvet to match the RDM spec.  You will have the most success by patching these fixtures conventionally.

• it simply lists each address as intensity.

This is Eos' fallback behavior when the replies it gets to RDM requests are malformed.  My guess is that the Chauvet device is giving the proper number of addresses (the footprint size) but then not giving useful answers to a request of what each attribute does.  We could confirm this by looking at logs from your console, if saved from the Shell and include "RDM Cache" in the advanced options.

Unfortunately, if that's the case, it would require work from and a firmware update from Chauvet to match the RDM spec.  You will have the most success by patching these fixtures conventionally.

Children
No Data
Related