Snapshots don't store Preview mode for Live tab

3.1.1, but i think i have come across this in the past

i can't seem to record the Preview mode (in my case it's always Preview Pending) of a Live tab into a snapshot. or maybe it records but doesn't recall. i think that's an aspect of my live tab that should be part of a snapshot and i seem to remember that this had worked at some point.

thx, ueli

Parents Reply Children
  • With  's file, I found that if I re-recorded the Snapshot and included All Workspaces, that seems to store and recall the Preview Pending or Preview Previous setting.

I think that it has something to do with setting Preview Pending on a Live Summary tab that is not in the 1st Workspace, then storing that Snapshot with only Visible Workspaces.  I think that when the Snapshot is played back, the Preview Pending state was actually sitting on the Tab 1 that was not recalled because it is not Visible, and so the state does not get set.  I haven't been able to recreate it from scratch yet, though.

• i don't know the deeper mechanics of the preview setting. but it affects all Live tabs, so it would be surprising to me if it was a setting that lived in a tab. but because it is surprising that might be why i couldn't figure it out...

• hi, Matt, sorry but i can tell you i always record snapshots with all workspaces, ang with previews pending on live sum tab 1.

For the live summary tab, you might have something: i hadn't reported it before, but on the GIO, i had 2 external screens.

First tried to record my snapshot -all workspaces included-, with my live summary tab 1 on my external monitor 1, was always a moment (swapping from one snapshot to another) where the same snapshot made the live summary appear on the internal screen right of the GIO. Had to record again so often that i resignated, let the summary tab 1 in the internal screen right, and added a summary tab 1.1 on external monitor 1. But even though, recording all workspaces,  with previous pending on both live summary tabs, on the GIO problem remained, previous did'nt appeat, nor in the live 1 nor in the live 1.1.

• We found that this is caused when Preview Pending is set on a tab other than Tab 1 while Tab 1 is not visible.  We wrote up  EOS-54305 - Snapshots of Live Summary do not recall Preview Pending if not recorded with Tab 1 visible to Snapshots don't store Preview mode for Live tab

I see this happening in 2.9.3 as well, so I think this bug has "always" existed - it's not new to v3.x

Related