dmx trouble shooting

The Issue: I've got 7 colorsource LED spots daisy-chained together from a gateway and one of them is not connecting to the network. I've tried swtiching addresses and switching out instruments (these are all new instruments and I thought it might be DOA) and nothing has worked. The instrument in question is the first in the daisy chain. All the others are working correctly. Any suggestions...

Parents
  • one of them is not connecting to the network

These fixtures aren't themselves on the network, they receive DMX from the Gateway.

I think you've tried matching this spot's DMX address to another fixture (so they would both be controlled the same way), and didn't get any output?

Have you checked that the shutters are not pushed in all the way, preventing light from outputting?

Are you able to control the fixture locally using Mode button to make it play a Preset, then trying various Presets or S: for sequences?

• Appreciate your response Matt. It was the shutters. On all the previous lights I had opened the shutters as part of prepping the fixture for hanging, so didn't even think about that when trouble shooting. In my rush to check the connections with another light I didn't open the shutters on that one either. Two other fixtures weren't working and their fixes were DMX issues similar to what you mentioned above, so I automatically went there in my head. Brutal. So grateful for this forum. Again, appreciate the response!

• Appreciate your response Matt. It was the shutters. On all the previous lights I had opened the shutters as part of prepping the fixture for hanging, so didn't even think about that when trouble shooting. In my rush to check the connections with another light I didn't open the shutters on that one either. Two other fixtures weren't working and their fixes were DMX issues similar to what you mentioned above, so I automatically went there in my head. Brutal. So grateful for this forum. Again, appreciate the response!

Children
No Data
Related