Parts block by type

If you have a channel with two parts, one of which contains a fixture that is otherwise used in the show as a fixture on its own, both fixtures are treated as separate by type channels. Is this correct? I would expect if I make by type color palettes for the fixture, this would also translate to each time the fixture is used in a channel part.

Parents
  • This is definitely ‘on a list’, as I know I’ve brought it up a few times. I do feel your frustrations!

The workarounds for now are to either just copy/clone all data within palettes from your original single part fixture to your new fixture ByType leader, or if possible have all of your original fixtures also have dummy parts that match. The latter option only really being suitable for things like Power parts etc. 

• This is definitely ‘on a list’, as I know I’ve brought it up a few times. I do feel your frustrations!

The workarounds for now are to either just copy/clone all data within palettes from your original single part fixture to your new fixture ByType leader, or if possible have all of your original fixtures also have dummy parts that match. The latter option only really being suitable for things like Power parts etc. 

Children
No Data
Related