Colour temperature can replace other parameters

—- I would like to start the discussion first and do a feature request later, but feel free to move this topic —-

In different brands of moving lights there are different parameters that effectively do the same. It would be great if ETC unifies these naming conventions to make operating the fixtures more predictable. Also it could then be easier to interchange fixtures or build macro’s that work with fixtures of different brands.

A good example could be colour temperature. To adjust the colour temperature it would be easiest to type the desired colour temperature (in degrees Kelvin), but some manufacturers choose to work with CTO or CTB wheels or call the same thing CCT with a scale from 0% to 100%. It would be great to have all these things calibrated in the same way as for some fixtures 5 or 7 colour led fixtures are calibrated to give the same result while choosing colours from the gel swatches.

I think this could be really helpful for television or film work, but I use these different tints of white a lot in theatre as well. Anyone else has thoughts about this?

Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related