Inhibiting fixtures from snapping up

Just wondering if it's possible to inhibit fixtures from snapping up / setting a minimum fade time in patch.

We're working with a few mega bright SGM Q10 floods at floor level and want to be able to prevent accidentally snapping them up and obliterating retinas when cue-hopping etc.

Thanks!

Parents
  • you can use a Manual Time Fader for this. they can be filtered to only affect certain channels. leave it up and bury it somewhere on a fader page in the back.

• Thanks Ueli -- I tried this, and it works fine for manually set levels only. But it wouldn't work for my case back then, and I assume also not for Ed's or Florian's case now. Fast-stepping through cues with "Timing Disable" will still allow those lights to snap on and off, which we would want to avoid to protect certain fixtures and/or peoples eyes.

A patch level up/down fade time, which can get overridden by nothing (or almost nothing?), would probably be what we all want. Or maybe it would work as an extension to park ... park not the level, but instead the time it takes to move from 0 to 100 or back. Do you think that warrants a feature request?

• Thanks Ueli -- I tried this, and it works fine for manually set levels only. But it wouldn't work for my case back then, and I assume also not for Ed's or Florian's case now. Fast-stepping through cues with "Timing Disable" will still allow those lights to snap on and off, which we would want to avoid to protect certain fixtures and/or peoples eyes.

A patch level up/down fade time, which can get overridden by nothing (or almost nothing?), would probably be what we all want. Or maybe it would work as an extension to park ... park not the level, but instead the time it takes to move from 0 to 100 or back. Do you think that warrants a feature request?

Children
Related