Step Based Effects and Focus Palettes

Hi.  Im working with an element and have created a Step based effect with 5 steps.  Some if the steps included moving lights (Mac 250 entours) set to a focus palette.  when I try to record the effect to an effect sub I seem to lose the FP data when I go to run the sub.  That seems to be because I sneak Out to stop the effect after recording.  When I run the sub it goes but the fixtures are in the home position.  How do I keep the focus palette data with the effect?

Parents
  • Does the effect work as intended when you run just the effect? Would be best to separate the sub and effect to determine where the problem is starting.

If the effect works properly but not the sub, my guess would be that the light is being told what to do by something more than just that sub. So maybe you have some other sub on at the same time, maybe there's another effect running that is interfering, etc. It's probably good practice to Go to Cue Out and make all subs are down. Then "Home" that fixture.  Then, once you're satisfied that nobody is telling that fixture to do something, run that effect, record the sub, Go to Cue Out, and see if it works. Again my best guess is that some other command is interfering with your palette. 

• Jordan,

Thanks for replying.  I chatted with ETC support.  Both the effect and the sub were working.  The sub just lost the FP data.  So we recorded the FP to the sub beside the effect sub and brought them up together and that solved the situation to my liking.

Reply Children
No Data
Related