Merging magic sheets disrupts image folder organization

In my template file, I have a ton of magic sheets. All of the images on those magic sheets are sorted into custom image folders I've created. Note in the video below there are only 3 gobo images in the main parent folder, everything else is sorted.

At one point yesterday, I needed to re-merge a magic sheet from another file. That magic sheet was born in this file using these images. However, after importing, all of the magic images were removed from their custom folders and are now all loose in the parent folder. Remember these are not new images. These images were already in this file, with the same names, and are still in use on many other magic sheets. 

Not sure if this a bug or not. i LOVE the ability to be able to sort imported images, one of my fave new features. However if those images already exist in the file, they should not be kicked out of all their meticulously sorted folders. 

thanks,
Cory

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi Cory, thank you for resending the video.

I am seeing the same thing you are.  To avoid it, in addition to merging a particular Magic Sheet (or set of Magic Sheets), you also need to Merge the "Resources and Media".  The folders and their structure are handled by "Resources and Media".  If you don't include them, Eos is ignoring them and then popping their content up to the Root.

You can check this yourself by doing File > New, then merging just the "Resources and Media" of your stock file - all the folders should be there, with their icons neatly tucked inside.

I guess it's also worth saying that if you import the same image into two different showfiles, they are going to have two different UUIDs under the hood, so merging them together would result in two copies of the same icon in the Resources area.    

Related