Live Table Display DMX mode requires two presses to disable

Hello, when a display mode is active (DMX, Timing, etc.) in a table, I'm told up top that I should press About to disable but it actually requires two presses. Is this a bug? If it's not a bug, then please clarify in the dialog up top or just make it a single press (which is far better and quicker).

Thanks!

Eos 3.1.2 on Nomad Windows 10

Parents Reply Children
  • I tried this on several consoles here and still can't replicate it.  Are you using the American English keyboard as well?

Could you try it in v2.9.x as well, and see if the same problem occurs in that software version?  If it does not, please switch back to v3.1.x and double-check the issue is still there. 

I believe that the issue exists for you, so the trick is figuring out what's different between our setups or the keys we're pressing that doesn't produce this issue for me.

• Hey, I thought I had edited the post above yesterday with a solution. Seems like it didn’t post, but;

the keyword in the macro I used to set the display mode was “Display_DMX”, found in the common tab of the macro editor. I tried to learn the macro using About + Live Live and the keyword became “Display_DMX_Latch”. This gave the expected result. So it’s fixed.

But one interesting thing I noticed was that if I go to edit the macro, clear out the macro field and do About + Live Live it would behave like it did in the beginning, while still showing the Display_DMX_Latch keyword, just like the learnt macro that worked.

Is there any macro functionality hidden inside macros besides keywords? Sometimes, though I can’t say for sure, I feel like there is more happening there besides the keywords I put in. Like learnt macros contain additional arguments not available elsewhere and are not displayed in the editor. Examples like the one above reinforce that feeling. Can you confirm?

Sidenote: I did post the other day asking for documentation on what the macro keywords available actually do, because often I feel like I see a keyword that seems useful but cannot find a way of incorporating the function I think is associated with it because I can’t find info on what it is exactly and how to use it.

Related