How to set "Strobe Mode" to "Closed" / "Open" / "Strobe" ... ?

Hi
I'm coming into EOS via OSC commands, but this topic is the same for command line commands and cues:

In order to change the 'Strobe Mode' (aka 'Shutter Strobe' in ML controls) to Closed or Open or Strobe I have to enter a number. And that number seems to be a raw Dmx value - which differs depending on what fixture I have.
That's why I would rather like to enter a String, like "Closed"/"Open"/"Strobe" - or reference that state in other general means.

Is there any way to do that?

Background: I work with Robe Pointes in venue A - 'Strobe Mode' set to 18 means Closed, 127 means Open and 90 means Strobe. The tour continues and in venue B I work with Ayrton Ghiblis -  25 means Closed, 76 Open and 127 means Strobe. Thus all my fixtures set to Open suddenly start to strobe! Now, I could change my complete programming to these new values. But next venue has DTS Evos .. new values .. 
EOS generalizes many features in a nice way, i.e. for Pan/Tilt I don't need to worry about DMX channels and raw values. How can the same be achieved for the shutter?

Parents
  • I would suggest making Beam Palettes with “By Type” fixtures for each fixture you will be using. That way it is always referencing Beam Palette “X” which would have each fixture’s strobe value. When you change type in patch, it would just reference the value for the new fixture type in that palette.

• Thanks .

So, there is no way to directly access these Buttons ("Open", "Strobe" etc) other then clicking?!

Re Beam Palettes, I thought in a similar direction! Of Beam Palettes "By State", to be updated once every tour stop. "By Type" is an interesting alternative, will ponder.

Related issue is "Shutter Strobe" range. It also is not standardized (0..100%), instead has arbitrary ranges, sometimes representing Hz rates (i.e. with Robe Pointe, 0 .. 15Hz - ok, cool), sometimes based on raw values (i.e. Robe BMFL, 64..95 - seriously?).
    Any suggestions how to work around this incoherence?

• The only way around it would be to edit the fixture profile for yourself. Those ranges are all established by the 3rd party company that builds profiles for ETC. when you go into the fixture profile there are 2 columns: DMX Value and User Value. If the user manual provides a Hz range for the strobe, you can change the User Values Min and Max to match the provided range.

if you do “By Type” it would just save you a little bit of time because if you end up at another venue that has a fixture type you have already used, you would not need to update the palette again. 

• The only way around it would be to edit the fixture profile for yourself. Those ranges are all established by the 3rd party company that builds profiles for ETC. when you go into the fixture profile there are 2 columns: DMX Value and User Value. If the user manual provides a Hz range for the strobe, you can change the User Values Min and Max to match the provided range.

if you do “By Type” it would just save you a little bit of time because if you end up at another venue that has a fixture type you have already used, you would not need to update the palette again. 

Children
No Data
Related