CYC PROFILES?

My patching is not as good as it should be! Director wants to use (old fashioned high intensity) cyc lights.

They will consist of two units each with 3 separate (R,G,B) bays. Due to power limits I'll have to patch 6 dimmers (IE DMX addresses). . (A) R, G, B and (B) R, G, B.

I want all of this to be controlled under a single channel so we can just select it and swing the color around as needed. 

Am I right in assuming I need to construct a new profile? I'm a bit vague how to spin out the 6 DMX addresses!

Parents
  • Semi answering my own post: Will this do the trick?

• no, it will not. you're using 16bit mode for the parameters which means that addresses 1 and 4 will not get the same value.

do you want for both units to always have the same color?

if so, you have two ways:

- modify your current profile. for RGB use 1, 2, 3. then add another set of RGB and use 4, 5, 6 there.
    - or you could make one channel and patch two parts, each part using the Generic > LED RGB 8b profile, address part 1 to address 1 and part 2 to address 4

• Yes, I do want units to always have the same color. In the first set of pictures above I followed your first suggestion.

The live table showed the colors popping up as selected (but no intensity). Now of interest when at home I like ot watch the sACN output. But here setting colors did NOT produce any sACN output! So I moved on to your next suggestion (2nd set of pictures).

Again, live table as expected but agian no sACN seen (sACN is working on other addresses).

Im not sure why no sACN so cannat really say if either of these are working until I hook up some cycs next week and try them out.

• Yes, I do want units to always have the same color. In the first set of pictures above I followed your first suggestion.

The live table showed the colors popping up as selected (but no intensity). Now of interest when at home I like ot watch the sACN output. But here setting colors did NOT produce any sACN output! So I moved on to your next suggestion (2nd set of pictures).

Again, live table as expected but agian no sACN seen (sACN is working on other addresses).

Im not sure why no sACN so cannat really say if either of these are working until I hook up some cycs next week and try them out.

Children
Related