dongle exchange ETC Ion and Nomad

I have an ETC Ion with an output of1024 dmx addresses and I have a dongle with 6144 dmx addresses output.

Is it possible interchange these 2? So take the dongle out off the ETC Ion and replace it by the ETCNomad.

I would love to use more dmx addresses on my ETC Ion. When I bought the ETC Ion (2009) 2 universes was more than enough. Nowadays I regularly work with bigger performances and programming on a Ion is a lot simpler than on a Macbook. 

• I'm sure it's not recommended practice, but I've successfully swapped the internal dongle with an older style client dongle on a classic Ion when I needed to enable more outputs for my Nomad setup. The client dongle showed up in the Ion shell as ulocking two universes. I'm aware this is the opposite of what you're trying to do, but the theory of swapping out the dongles does seem to work.
    I should point out thay I haven't tried with the newer style Nomad dongle - the client dongle I swapped to is the bulky purple type that very closely resembles the original internal dongle.

• You can pay to have more outputs unlocked on your Ion. A Win XP Ion will go up to 3072 and a Win 7 Ion will go up to 6144.

But what I would do is run the show off your Nomad setup so you get the 6144 outputs and client in with your Ion so you can program with that.

Related