Virtual Parameters Don't Respect Overlapping Delay Times

Hey...

So I'm trying to write two cues, to wipe across a strobe on some X4 bars. So the first cue wipes across with delay 0>10 (say) setting the strobe and strobe mode values to a separate value, then there's an immediate follow-on cue with the X4s having a delay 10>20 (say) setting the strobe and strobe mode values back to normal. 

This should give a 10 second strobe on each section of X4. It's one of the magic things about Eos that this works for all sorts of things to make rolling 'waves' of cues that turn things on and off again or move to a colour then back again.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work here. If you run the first cue without the follow on the strobes do turn to strobe one after another as you'd expect.

However as soon as you hit the second cue ALL of the strobes immediately turn to strobing mode, ignoring the still-present delays from the first cue, then do start turning back off on after another. So it's as if the second cue forces the first cue to complete, and suddenly everything is strobing.

The only difference I can see between this and every other time I've done this is that strobe mode is a virtual channel. I think this is confusing things somehow (including. amongst other things. the About screen which doesn't seem to correctly show the output while all this is going on).

Not a big deal, but just noting as it's inconsistent with the behaviour of the rest of Eos.

This is 3.1.4 build 4 on a Gio but I suspect it's not specific to this version.

Ta,

Rob.

Related