Clone function

Is the clone of a fixture made in the existing show file?

Not a copy but all the cues and references need to be the same.

When the number of fixtures increases by a big event, how does it correspond?

An artist performs 20 music and one music has about 80 cues.

When 24 VL3000SPOT is added, it is 24x20x80 scenes that correction is needed.

Doesn't someone have a good answer?

Please give me good advice.

Parents
  • I have been using the copy to command.  Once you specify the target you should have a soft key for "entire show" that will copy everything from one channel to another.  Then you just have to give it an address and you are ready to go!

• I appreciate a reply of  Anne and  Andrew.

Although I understand the method, I think that it can be necessary to do simply like "GrandMA" console.

I would like to prove that EOS excels more than other consoles.

It is expected that the refined function will be carried in the future.

Thank you!

• Now I'm extremely confused.

It is *fundamentally* impossible to 'add' fixtures to a show and not manually program them. No console does this, and no console ever will.
    (Until we have true AI with a sense of wonder and creativity, and then we're all in trouble!)

You can use the Copy commands to copy information around as you require, from the fixtures you want into the new fixtures, throughout as much of the show as you need.

This is better than a direct Clone would be, because it lets you decide what, and how much to copy from other fixtures, and to copy from different fixtures at different points in the show.

[edited by: Richard at 4:51 AM (GMT -6) on Fri, Aug 28 2009]
  • I'm not sure what you mean by "simply like "grandma" console"?  

• The contents currently written on user's manual of GrandMA are described below.

2.11.3 Clone Fixture - Copying Fixture data globally (cloning)

􀁏 Press Clone button (green background) to open the Clone Fixture Data menu.

You can clone (copy) all data of one or more fixtures globally. In this, all Preset, Group, Cue and Effect data are

cloned from the first fixture/s (From Fixtures...) to the target fixture/s (...To Fixtures). If you select the same

number of fixtures on each side, the data of the first will be transferred to the first, of the second to the second,

etc.

Select the fixture/s that you want to clone (Fixture Sheet). If you want to clone several fixtures, you have to

observe the sequence in which you select them. Pressing the left Take Selection button will display the fixtures

in the left table (From Fixtures...).

Select the fixture/s, to which you want to clone the data (Fixture Sheet). If you want to clone several fixtures,

you have to observe the sequence in which you select them. Pressing the left Take Selection button will display

the fixtures in the right table (... To Fixtures).

By pressing the >>>! Clone!<<< button, you can clone all data.

Attention: All target fixture data created sofar will be overwritten/deleted.

• Ick. That's horrible.

The Eos "Copy" commands are much more flexible, as you choose what to copy.

Why would you ever just 'add' a pile of fixtures and not think about what to do with them?

[edited by: Richard at 7:59 AM (GMT -6) on Sat, Aug 29 2009]
Reply Children
  • Richard said:

Why would you ever just 'add' a pile of fixtures and not think about what to do with them?

Because in some flash and trash rigs all you have is a whole lot of fixtures doing exactly the same thing at the same time?

[edited by: ckaiserca at 5:38 PM (GMT -6) on Sat, Aug 29 2009]
  • That's right

It seems that Richard does not understand.

Since many procedures are needed by the method of copying, it is not realistic.

If it is a clone, even if there is equipments change, it is enough only with correcting only a focus for rigs.

• Richard said:

Ick. That's horrible.

The Eos "Copy" commands are much more flexible, as you choose what to copy.

We often times add LARGE quantities of fixtures after all the rehearsal is done and we'll be live the next day.  

Horrible or not - some of us light "by the pile" and if it's not enough we just add another pile.  The next time you see the guys unload an extra 200 moving lights the day of the show you might appreciate not thinking about it :-)

• *takes off smouldering jacket*
    *waves away smoke plumes*

So what you actually want is to have multiple-source, multiple-destination copy functions, maybe like "Chan 1 thru 20 CopyTo 41 thru 60 Cue 1/" to avoid doing this as several individual Copy actions?

• "Not a copy but all the cues and references need to be the same."

This would be a very powerful and handy feature.

• Guys, in patch, if when you copy a fixture to a new list of channels, the "entire show" softkey can be used to copy the show data as well.  You will need to apply DMX addresses to the new channels.

[1] [copy to ][4] [thru] [9] [entire show] [Enter]

Does that help?  Is there something that you are missing?

a

[edited by: Anne Valentino at 10:18 AM (GMT -6) on Mon, Aug 31 2009]
  • Something along the lines of AutoMod-ing on the Strand 500's would surely be better, where you can say Fixt 2 Auto-mod from Fixt 1 (also Fixt 1 Amod from Fixt1), then update the AutoMod to your own selection of cue ranges, group/pallette ranges etc. A very tricky but handy feature on the OldBlue!

W

[edited by: warrenl at 6:48 AM (GMT -6) on Sat, Sep 5 2009]
  • That's {Entire Show} does. Just patch the new number and away you go!

• But is there a quick way of being selective about it?

ie copy all palette/preset information but not copy into cues? (so in Strand talk - Update, Update AMod, Groups x thru xx)

or is it the long(ish) hand way of selecting all Palettes/Presets and doing x recall from/copy to xx?

I know this is extending/bending the topic a bit, sorry!

w

• Well I guess it's 6 and two 3's.

The strand works in a much simpler way in the fact you can only have Groups (Eos's Presets) so yes it easier to say update this group to this group. If you worked in the same way with Eos and didn't use Palettes and did everythng with presets, there's not going to be much time diffence between Strands Auto-Mod and the Copy to with Eos. But you wouldn't work like this because it's an antiquated way of working.

Warren I know you know this all already but I wanted to point out the way the Strand works for people who haven't used it.

If it was me and I wanted to clone all my palettes and presets but not my cues, I would copy the entire show and then just remove the new channels from the cues.

Nick

• I was busy and a reply was not made.

My command input was wrong.

I had inputted as follows.

[1] [thru] [5] [copy to] [10] [entire show] [Enter]

This caused the mistake.

This function is wonderful.

The problem was solved.

Thank you.

Related