Risks Updating ETC GIO v2.7 to v3.1

Will the show files still be compatible with the new software version? when updating ETC Gio from v2.7 to v3.1 Thank you!

Parents
  • The three main things I would consider when going from v2.x to v3.x :

- Eos software no longer uses QuickTime for Pixel Map playback, so Pixel Maps cannot play in reverse.
    o A warning is posted when the showfile is loaded in v3.x

- The default White Point is changed to D65 from D50, so some colors will play back differently
    o This can be adjusted with a Setup setting back to D50: Eos v3.1.1 Operations Manual - System

- Updating the Eos software includes updates to fixture profiles and color calibration, so some colors may play back differently between v2.7 and v3.1 (or even between v2.7 and v2.9 in some cases)

I also echo Seth's comment that you should install v2.9.3 so that you can switch back to v2.9.3 from v3.x.

• The three main things I would consider when going from v2.x to v3.x :

- Eos software no longer uses QuickTime for Pixel Map playback, so Pixel Maps cannot play in reverse.
    o A warning is posted when the showfile is loaded in v3.x

- The default White Point is changed to D65 from D50, so some colors will play back differently
    o This can be adjusted with a Setup setting back to D50: Eos v3.1.1 Operations Manual - System

- Updating the Eos software includes updates to fixture profiles and color calibration, so some colors may play back differently between v2.7 and v3.1 (or even between v2.7 and v2.9 in some cases)

I also echo Seth's comment that you should install v2.9.3 so that you can switch back to v2.9.3 from v3.x.

Children
Related