Switching fader page kills Submaster

Hej there,

I'm in new theatre, not knowing all the details for setup, but what I know is:

2 Gios, via LAN and an unmanaged switch connected, one primary, one secondary, the primary one with unmotorized 2x 10 faderwing.

When switching between faderpages, a submaster (working light) is put down invisible background, without moving it by hand. This problem doesn't happen all the time and also with different operators and different showfiles. All shows in this Theatre are made from one basic showfile. All settings from the submasters are the same, but only one special submaster has the problem. 

does somebody have an idea, what the problem could provoke?

thanks in advance, Dominik

Parents
  • Hej Guys,

I'm new in in a Theatre with another setup, I was used to before. Here are two Gios, connected via LAN, with an unmanaged switch, one is primary, the second secondary. Attached to the primary is a faderwing 2x10 (non motorized).

My problem is, that on the primary Gio the 2nd faderpage was active and I moved Fader 2/1 to full. Than I switched fader page back to page one and fader 2/1 was send to 0 by the console itself. Its not the first time this problem appears. We had the same with another  operator few weeks ago. The Sub has the same settings than the other, which dont have the problem. All shows in this theatre are created from one showfile and the problem is with the same sub, its the working light.

Can somebody help, please?

Many thanks in advance, Dominik

• Hi  , this is unexpected.  Can you tell us what Eos software version you are using?  There were some problems in v3.0.0 like this.

If you are running current software 3.1.5, then the next time this happens, would you please press [Displays+Record] on the Primary Gio to put a marker in the console's logs, then forward those logs to eos [at] etcconnect.com for analysis?  Retrieving or Saving Log Files from Eos Family Consoles - Electronic Theatre Controls Inc

• Hej Matt, thanks for answering.

We had an older Version 3.? on the console, when the problem happend the first time, so we updated to the latest availeble version (not beta), but the problem appeared again. We tried to provoke this problem later, but it didn't work this time.

Yesterday we took the logfile and sent it to ETC, but I hoped maybe somebody had this problem before and has another solution for the moment, than not touching the paderpage button ;-).

Thanks a lot, Dominik

• Hej Matt, thanks for answering.

We had an older Version 3.? on the console, when the problem happend the first time, so we updated to the latest availeble version (not beta), but the problem appeared again. We tried to provoke this problem later, but it didn't work this time.

Yesterday we took the logfile and sent it to ETC, but I hoped maybe somebody had this problem before and has another solution for the moment, than not touching the paderpage button ;-).

Thanks a lot, Dominik

Children
No Data
Related