How do I create a color gradient across multiple multicell fixtures

We have a new Element 2 console that we are using in a TV studio. We use Elation sixbar 1000 fixtures that allow for us to access all twelve lights in the bar as a multicell patch. A fixture profile for the Sixbar 1000 is provided in EOS. We use these fixtures behind a transparent frosted wall to create a lighted cyc. I understand how to do an intensity change across multiple fixtures and I want to know if there was a similar way of doing that with color? We would like to set up a color gradient across six fixtures. For example blue on one end fading to yellow on the opposite end. Before I build a cue manually picking a color for each of the 72 cells I thought I would ask if there was an easier method.

I understand there is a color path tool that can be used with fades. Any chance that could be used to set a gradient across multiple fixtures?

Any help or ideas are appreciated.

Parents
  • you can set gradients, but the color path tool does not affect that.

Chan 1 Thru 6 . ColorPalette 1 + ColorPalette 3 Enter

Chan 1 Thru 6 .
    this will write Chan 1 Thru 6 CellsOnly and select 1.1-1.12 + 2.1-2.12 + 3.1- ... + 6.1-6.12

when specifying exactly two color palettes after the selection you will get a gradient.

the first element in the selection (here 1.1) will get the first color, the last element (here 6.12) will get the second element. and the rest in between will be distributed by the console.

• you can set gradients, but the color path tool does not affect that.

Chan 1 Thru 6 . ColorPalette 1 + ColorPalette 3 Enter

Chan 1 Thru 6 .
    this will write Chan 1 Thru 6 CellsOnly and select 1.1-1.12 + 2.1-2.12 + 3.1- ... + 6.1-6.12

when specifying exactly two color palettes after the selection you will get a gradient.

the first element in the selection (here 1.1) will get the first color, the last element (here 6.12) will get the second element. and the rest in between will be distributed by the console.

Children
Related