Color palettes vs presets for color temperature

I would like to create color palettes that contain only information for COLOR TEMPERATURE. I’d like to press color palette 56 and have that be 5600K for multiple lights. I already have a color palette applied to the lights, by type (color palette 1), and would like to also apply a second color palette with the color temperature.  Should this be a preset, instead? 

The idea is to have color palette 56 be 5600, color palette 28 be 2800, etc

Parents
  • palettes and presets are almost the same thing, except that a preset can store values from different parameter categories if you want, and palettes can't (slightly simplified, but mostly true).

each parameter can get its value from a different palette or preset if you want. so it's no problem to have e.g. CMY (or RGB) parameters set to color palette 101 and the ColorTemperature to color palette 56.

to create the palette:
    Live, set the correct color temperature, and then Chan 1 ColorTemperature Record ColorPalette 56 Enter, or
    Blind, ColorPalette 56 Enter, set the correct color temperature.

• palettes and presets are almost the same thing, except that a preset can store values from different parameter categories if you want, and palettes can't (slightly simplified, but mostly true).

each parameter can get its value from a different palette or preset if you want. so it's no problem to have e.g. CMY (or RGB) parameters set to color palette 101 and the ColorTemperature to color palette 56.

to create the palette:
    Live, set the correct color temperature, and then Chan 1 ColorTemperature Record ColorPalette 56 Enter, or
    Blind, ColorPalette 56 Enter, set the correct color temperature.

Children
Related