profile for Chinly 12 channel ... H DMX 512 Decoder

I need help finding a profile for an LED strip, using a Chinly 12 channel ... H DMX 512 Decoder.   That's all I know.   I have tried the Generic LED RGB profiles with no luck.   Any ideas?  Thanks

Parents
  • Hi Stephen,

the Decoder itself is not what you are searching for in the first place.
    More important is; what are you going to operate with it.

1. Are you using a single LED-Strip
    2. Are you using Multiple LED Strips, but like to control them as they are one
    3. Are you using Multiple LED Strips and like to have them as separate Fixtures to control

For 1.: You can go with your "Generic LED RGB" Fixture
    For 2.: You can use you "Generic LED RGB" Fixture and patch as much Parts, of the same Fixture-Type, as you like
    For 3.: You can use your "Generic LED RGB" Fixture and make:
       A: every LED Strip a single Channel
       B: create a Multicell fixture based on a "Generic LED RGB" Fixture for each Cell

That is, what pops into my Mind.

• Hi Stephen,

the Decoder itself is not what you are searching for in the first place.
    More important is; what are you going to operate with it.

1. Are you using a single LED-Strip
    2. Are you using Multiple LED Strips, but like to control them as they are one
    3. Are you using Multiple LED Strips and like to have them as separate Fixtures to control

For 1.: You can go with your "Generic LED RGB" Fixture
    For 2.: You can use you "Generic LED RGB" Fixture and patch as much Parts, of the same Fixture-Type, as you like
    For 3.: You can use your "Generic LED RGB" Fixture and make:
       A: every LED Strip a single Channel
       B: create a Multicell fixture based on a "Generic LED RGB" Fixture for each Cell

That is, what pops into my Mind.

Children
  • Hello, Thanks for the explanation.     We have used this same profile, yet we continued to have difficulty.

The equipment arrangement was:    A Xantrex Portable Power System AC Panel Cart, A ShowBaby 6, Chinley 12 Channel Decoder, and a single 12v RGE LED Strip.   

The Chinley 12 Channel Decoder, and a single 12v RGE LED Strip worked fine, when supplied with DMX from the console.

or The Chinley 12 Channel Decoder, and a single 12v RGE LED Strip worked fine, when supplied with AC from the building.

The Chinley 12 Channel Decoder, and a single 12v RGE LED Strip did not work with the combination of portable power, and wireless DMX.    

Maybe all these devices need a common ground?

Related