@Enter not removing discrete times.

Hi, 

One of my students has accidentally added discrete times of some kind in their show file but they seem very resistant to removal.  I've tried using the @enter with the channels, with colors and with [Group] [Q] [Time] @ [Enter].  Nothing seems to work It's cues 416 and 416.1 that seem to have this issue.  Any thoughts?Street Scene 2011-12-03 14-28-50.esf3d

Parents
  • Hi Scott, the syntax to remove discrete time here would be Group Cue Time Enter (no @ needed).  If there are also discrete delays, you'd need to also perform a Group Cue Delay Enter.  Also keep in mind that if you're in Live you'll need to Update the cue for the changes to be applied and the "+" sign to disappear from the PSD.

• Thanks for your message Paul!  The "at" was just a product of my sleepy brain.  I did the syntax you mentioned for both time and delay.  I think I found the issue (sort of).  I couldn't remove the discrete times directly from the first cue but if I removed the discrete times from the autofollow cue, then the discrete times from the first cue also disappeared.  I'm guessing the discrete times in the follow cue somehow triggered a longer automark time, though this seems like an odd thing to have happen.

• ah, that's because of marking, maybe you have automark enabled?

so automark will make the console do the non-intensity move instruction in the cue before, when the light is still off. so the move instruction that is in cue 2 is already used in cue 1. if the move instruction in cue 2 has a discrete time, then this discrete time is already used in cue 1 (because that discrete time belongs to the move instruction).

that's the one case where the console shows you a discrete time that isn't actually there. one hint would be in the PSD: if cue 1 and cue 2 both have a + and cue 2 has an M in the M column. in this constellation the + in cue 1 could (but doesn't have to) belong to cue 2.

• Thanks for the clarification!  Yes, my student is using Automark. Do you know what the reasoning is behind this?  I can't think of a situation in which this is helpful.

Reply Children
Related