Adding Artnet to a redundant/multi-console sACN setup.

Hi All,

got an existing setup which is two ION Xe’s, primary and backup, currently this is on a network with multiple Response 2 Net3 nodes.

Got a production coming through our studio in a couple of weeks, in order to be able to interact with some pixel kit (Artnet only) need to enable Artnet, which that bit is fine, I’m just wanting to make sure that failover from main to backup board works well same as what it does in sACN on our consoles and nodes.

wont have loads of time to play around, was just wondering if anyone’s has any guidance, settings that should be ticked, or know of any guidance around Artnet in multi console environments, or is it just a case of me enabling Artnet under protocols and it all magically works.

many thanks in advance!

many thanks,

jake

• Hi Jake!

I hope this response isn't too late for the production that you have coming. If it is, how did it go?

Anyways, without too much field experience in making sure Artnet transitions correctly between a Primary and a Backup, you should be fine. I would make sure that you have the Artnet protocol enabled in the shell (prior to 3.2) or in Setup (in primary (post 3.2)). Past that, make sure that the protocol is enabled for those channels in patch in the show file (which it should be anyways if you're able to control them at all from any console). Other than that, I would think you could rest easy about a smooth transition from Primary to Backup as Artnet shouldn't act differently than sACN in this case.

Hope this can provide some reassurance? Let us know how it goes!

Related