Query Absolute Value

I want to query the absolute value of a param. Say I have a fixture with tilt 90, I can `Query Tilt 90` and have that fixture selected, great. But if I store that same tilt 90 value into FP 1, and `Query Tilt 90` it no longer works, I have to `Query FP 1` Is there a way to query by the absolute value of a param?

Parents
  • This was the solution John Van Valkenburgh came up with on facebook. It's kludgy and changes the normal behavior of how query errors if the channel selection is empty. I think we really need a new modifier to query for "absolute" where we can peer through any abstracting palettes and presets. 

Make sure your values are recorded into a cue
    Select all your channels
    {Make Abs} [Enter]
    {Query} {Tilt} 90 [Enter]
    [Clear] [Sneak] [Enter]
    [Select Last]
    You could do the same thing in blind except instead of Clear Sneak Enter, you Undo to the point before Make Abs. Select Last will still provide the queried channels.
  • This was the solution John Van Valkenburgh came up with on facebook. It's kludgy and changes the normal behavior of how query errors if the channel selection is empty. I think we really need a new modifier to query for "absolute" where we can peer through any abstracting palettes and presets. 

Make sure your values are recorded into a cue
    Select all your channels
    {Make Abs} [Enter]
    {Query} {Tilt} 90 [Enter]
    [Clear] [Sneak] [Enter]
    [Select Last]
    You could do the same thing in blind except instead of Clear Sneak Enter, you Undo to the point before Make Abs. Select Last will still provide the queried channels.
Children
No Data
Related