Multiconsole Power On not working

Hi all,

I can no longer power on my primary from the backup. It has been working fine up until about a few weeks ago.

Primary: ETC-PUCK

Backup: GIO@5 

I can still power the system off via multiconsole. I have looked through the network settings on both desks and cannot figure out why it will not power on.

• on the primary is the setting Remote Startup enabled? before 3.2 this was located in Shell>Settings>Network. starting in 3.2 it's located in Setup>Device>Network

• I can confirm this.

MC on via CIA does not work with e.g. running the Apex to launch a puck.

Executed via CIA of a Nomad software, MC on works.

MC on also works (almost always) on e.g. the Apex if it is run via a macro...

MC off is unaffected and always works if enabled.

• Multiconsole Power On relies on Wake-On-LAN.  The WOL packet appears to be sent on the first available Network Port of the sending console. If both Port 1 and Port 2 are plugged in and working, the WOL packet is only sent on Port 1.  Since an ETC Puck only has a single NIC, you can always be certain which network port it will send on.  On consoles with more than 1 NIC, this can get confusing.

In this screenshot, I had the Primary connected to the Backup only via the 2.0. subnet - Backup only had the 2.0 connection plugged in. 

The Primary sent packets to both ports of the Backup via the 10.101 connection.  After I unplugged that cable, I sent Multiconsole Power On, and it sent packets through the 2.0 connection, but again targeting both ports of the Backup.

In the future, we may change this behavior so that Multiconsole Power On messages are sent on the NIC(s) that have Multiconsole enabled.

• Hey All,

I know this is an older thread but I have noticed that on Apex hardware (Newest Pucks and Apex 10, running the latest software) the Multiconsole power on does not work after you have cycled power to the device (IE Killing power overnight).

Have not seen this issue on older hardware.

Hope this helps.

Related