Patching lights

I recently got asked to help with lighting at my daughters high school theatre. Very new to this. Do I need to patch lights every time I do a new show?

Parents
  • This depends a bit. If you're in a venue that has a permanent lighting rig that (mostly) doesn't change from production to production you can re-use a previous showfile where you delete everything that was show-specific, like cues.

Most of us, in that situation, use a starter showfile that has everything that stays the same all the time, so we don't have to take the last show's showfile and delete specific stuff from it.

• This depends a bit. If you're in a venue that has a permanent lighting rig that (mostly) doesn't change from production to production you can re-use a previous showfile where you delete everything that was show-specific, like cues.

Most of us, in that situation, use a starter showfile that has everything that stays the same all the time, so we don't have to take the last show's showfile and delete specific stuff from it.

Children
Related