SNTP server information

Hi all. bit of a niche question.
I run video systems on theatre shows (Disguise/D3) our machines run windows. One of the issues we have is after several months the time on the computers drifts given they’re off the web. 

I noticed the EOS consoles have an inbuilt NTP server option which may be useful as our D3s sit on the LX network. 
I attempted to set the EOS NTP server IP in windows but had no luck. When I use an NTP test tool on my MacBook I also get no response from the EOS. Does anyone have any technical info on the NTP server details or success stories of synchronising to an EOS NTP time server?

Parents
  • Hi there. 

I've had success with SNTP on Eos consoles in the past, albeit, typically as a Client rather than the Server. But it should be fairly straightforward.

I assume you've found the SNTP setting in Shell->Settings->Network. Have you enabled SNTP on the port you're trying to access it from and also set the console as a server rather than a client? If so, what are the IP schemes of the devices you are trying to connect to the console? And what is the IP assignment of the port on the console that you're trying to use for SNTP?

• Hi there. 

I've had success with SNTP on Eos consoles in the past, albeit, typically as a Client rather than the Server. But it should be fairly straightforward.

I assume you've found the SNTP setting in Shell->Settings->Network. Have you enabled SNTP on the port you're trying to access it from and also set the console as a server rather than a client? If so, what are the IP schemes of the devices you are trying to connect to the console? And what is the IP assignment of the port on the console that you're trying to use for SNTP?

Children
No Data
Related