Saving show when clock is wrong causes problems

Due to the way that eos manages backups (each time you save the old file isn’t removed, but a new file with the current time appended to the name is created) it means that in situations when the machine’s clock is wrong you can end up with the new show file having an older time stamp than the older ones, and so when you come to reload you end up loading the wrong file.

While I appreciate the solution to this is for people to maintain their kit properly and replace the clock battery we don’t live in a perfect world and I have seen a number of occasions recently (especially in Edinburgh) where the wrong version of a file has been loaded, or people have thought their file has been “lost” when it is in fact there but low down in the list

To solve this problem I would like to request that, on save, eos checks that the console time at the time of save is greater than the time of the latest version of the file that you are saving. If this is not the case it should pop up with some kind of warning informing you of the issue and maybe asking you to set the clock to the correct time

This small tweak would remove pain for a number of users!

Thanks

Richard

Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related