Custom Direct Selects Cannot Accept 5 Digit Macros

It appears that custom direct selects can't contain 5-digit macros (IE 80002). Nothing happens the custom direct select just remains empty. Macros up to 9999 work fine. If you start a sequence at 9999, the first DS will populate, the remainder will not.

Observed on Apex 10 running 3.2.3, confirmed offline on Nomad for Mac 3.2.3.

I see this is a known issue per the manual.

Parents Reply Children
  • My current template file has ~250 macros, but they span across the entire 80,000-90,000 range.

You do this for a couple of reasons:

• If I have to work on the same show with multiple programmers, we're all going to have our own macros, and it will be a huge pain if they overlap, we'll have to reconfigure our macro pad at best, and change macros that reference each other at worst.
    • You can't have point macros (88.2 for example), and if you move macros, any references to them do not update (on magic sheets and macro -> macro calls). So you never want to change macro numbers if you can avoid it. But you also want macros that do similar things grouped together, so I'll give say 86000-86999 be "Show Control", and then subdivide 86001-86099 to be show-specific toggles, then 86101-86199 be timecode related, and so on. It lets you have an organizational structure that can evolve over time without renumbering.
Related