Relative Percentage Change

Not sure if that's the correct language in the description but hopefully the explanation below will make sense...

Imagine a scene with 3 dimmers.  Ch1 @ 100, Ch2 @ 80 and Ch3 @ 50.  If I want to turn each dimmer down by 50%, I select the fixtures and use the -% button. My desk currently will turn CH1 from 100 to 50, Ch2 from 80 to 30 and Ch3 from 50 to 0 as it is merely subtracting 50% from the initial value.  What I actually want is for Ch1 to go from 100 to 50, Ch2 to go from 80 to 40 and CH3 to go from 50 to 25 (50% of the initial value).  Can anyone tell me how to get this to happen?  Is it a different button to press, a command line thing, a change in the desk settings, or none of the above?

On a 3 dimmer setup I can simply do the maths and retype the values, but on a 30 fixture scene, that's not a realistic option.  For some reference, I have started to program using Nomad on a PC and Capture Visualiser.  Only done a couple of shows this way and the first time I found all my cues were too bright. Didn't have much time to change this in tech so ended up riding the master fader on some cues, but that affected output from my hazer and smoke and also reduced the maximum for some fixtures that I wanted to be kept at 100 (blinders etc).  For the second show I programmed, I set everything at 75% as max, which was better but it still too bright and used the -% command but found some fixtures were turning off due to the subtraction system.

I'm using an Element 60 with recently updated firmware. 

Thanks in advance

Oskar

Related