Absolute Effect - Wiping a color change across the stage with D60s and S4LEDs

Hello!  

I'm trying to create an effect where my LEDs "wipe" a color change across the stage - from warm to cool or vice versa.

I've gotten so close with an absolute effect simply shifting from the background state to a color palette.  I've reduced it to a cycle of 1, and I want it to stop and hold after wiping across all the fixtures in the group.  I've played with the grouping in the effect so that 4 or 5 lights (an upstage/downstage column of instruments, essentially) shift at a time.

It's working well, except the first channel in the group reverts to the background state instead of stopping and holding in the color palette state.  It's driving me crazy - no matter what I change in the effect, that first channel always reverts, rather than holding!

I'm working mostly in Nomad with Augment3d - I tried it on my rig today, and it's doing exactly what I'm seeing in Augment3d (good job, augment3d).

What am I missing??

Attaching my eos file.  I'm using group 4 and effect 1.  I place group 4 in color palette 3, then run effect 1.  It cycles them through to color palette 1 and then channel 52 pops back to background.  grrrrrrr...

I've also tried manipulating the timing of the effect in cues 6 through 8, I think, to stop the effect before that first channel pops back to background.

HELP!!  I go into tech on Friday and really want to have this effect worked out - I think it'll be the basis of many of our scene transitions.
PeterStarcatcher 23 2023-09-17 20-55-19.esf3d

Thank you so much!!

Related