Trouble with EOS Pc + Enttec

Hi,

Here's my setup : EOS family 3.2.3 on PC + Dongle ETC Nomad + Enttec ode mk2 Ethernet + some OSC keyboards.

My Eos seems correctly configured, patch is good, rdm is off, the show is working correctly on Element 2.

Dmx also, my fixtures are receiving it but if I switch the Dmx cable output from Element 2 to my ETCNomad with the exact same show it is not working anymore. Not a single light is working, while my screen is showing me otherwise.

I'm not in offline mode, I'm User 1, Principal, Master on EOS.

I've tried every single setting in setup, 

I tried rebooting...

Could use some help please...

Thanks !!

Parents
  • You're using a 3rd party node that uses ethernet to connect to Nomad, correct? Are you sending sACN or ArtNet?

On your Nomad go to Patch, select one of the channels that's not working and look what the Interface box in the CIA, or the Interface columns in the patch list say. Whatever protocol you configured your 3rd party node for, do you have a + or * in the respective column?

If there is nothing that means the info for your channels isn't sent through this protocol. To change that go to the Protocol section of your Patch and make sure that that protocol is both enabled and set to be a default protocol.

You should now see a * in the Interface column for the respective protocol. Output working now? If there's still nothing head over to Setup > Device > Network and make sure that the correct network port has whatever protocol you chose selected.

• Hey,

Yes it's an Enttec ode mk2 that uses Ethernet,

It should be sending sACN,

I do have an * on both DMX and sACN columns, Artnet is grey and I can't click it.

In the setup/network, I do have sACN selected...

Confused

• Ok, three more troubleshooting steps:

• In Nomad open Tab 37, this is the sACN Output tab. Does it show output on the addresses you expect?
    • From your Nomad computer can you ping the node?
    • Instead of using your network cable to connect to the node, could you connect another computer that runs the software sACNview and check if you can successfully receive sACN.
  • Yes the sACN output tab is working as intended, I can see all my outputs working correctly.

I connected another computer with the right network settings and I can see the sACN working correctly.

So i suppose it's the ENTTEC Node, I've no clue how to ping it, I'm actually searching for new firmware / software to manage it but I've found nothing yet...

Reply Children
Related