Issues with Multiconsole

Hello Everyone,

My name is Giulia.

I ran an Ion board as my Master Console and then I have a Gio as my Backup, I use the latter for programming and running the show. Everything is connected in the Lighting Network. Recently I’ve been having issues with Powering On the Multiconsole, I turn it on, and it does Power on the Backup, but it doesn’t sync, I try the troubleshoot button and it shows the master in red and when I click reconnect it doesn’t. I exit the shell on the Gio a couple of times and enter as Backup and after five to ten minutes  it finally syncs. So long story short, my backup takes a long time to sync and the multi console only powers  it on.

Has any of you had the same issue? Could it be a Ethernet cable issue? Is this normal that it takes so long to sync? 

Both consoles are on the same subnet and they’re running the same software version.

Thanks 

Giulia 

Parents
  • Hello Giulia, thank you for reaching out.

First of all, no, that's not normal at all.

Would you mind telling us what software version you're using (numbers please, rather than "the latest one"). And could you describe your network, i.e. how are the two consoles connected, does the signal go through a switch, multiple switches, and what's the model of the switch(es)? And finally, how big is your show, i.e. do you control 20 dimmers or 100 movers or 2000 RGB strips?

Thanks

• Hello,

thanks for the reply.

I’m running version 3.2.0 Build 291. I have 3x96 Sensor 3 dimmer racks, so I’m running 288 dimmers. 
    The racks and the Ion board (which is my Master console) are going into a switch (main), the Gio board (my Backup) is plugged into a network port on the wall, which is connected to switch and from it a network line goes to the Main switch, where the Ion and the dimmer are plugged into.

Hope this is more clear.

Thanks 

Giulia 

• Thank you for the additional information. To more easily troubleshoot could you please connect both consoles to the same switch and make sure that Shell > Settings > Network > Multiconsole is activated for the network port you're using but only for this one.

Please let us know the make and model of the switch you're using.

• Hello,

I’ve connected them to the switch, which is a Pathway VIA 12 , in  both consoles the multiconsole is on, it worked perfectly, then I moved the Gio back to its original position and plugged it into the wall port, but used a different Ethernet cable and it worked. I have updated to the 3.2.4 and I haven’t had any issues since. 

I think it was a bad Ethernet cable, I’ll keep monitoring it tho, hopefully it won’t happen again.

Thanks so much for the help and support.

Giulia 

• Hello,

I’ve connected them to the switch, which is a Pathway VIA 12 , in  both consoles the multiconsole is on, it worked perfectly, then I moved the Gio back to its original position and plugged it into the wall port, but used a different Ethernet cable and it worked. I have updated to the 3.2.4 and I haven’t had any issues since. 

I think it was a bad Ethernet cable, I’ll keep monitoring it tho, hopefully it won’t happen again.

Thanks so much for the help and support.

Giulia 

Children
No Data
Related