Focus palette for SEM that is moved by a revolving stage?

Hi there!

Recently (v 3.2) we got the option for focus palettes to track a scenic element movable (SEM). Which is really nice!

Is there a way to give the SEM a rotation not around its own x/y/z axes but to rotate around the center of stage?

I managed to create an effect with x and y focus for the SEM which kind of works in live - but in augmented the workaround looks really weird.

Thanks for any ideas...

Martin

Parents
  • What you're trying should be possible: you can't have the SEM rotate about another point, but you can move the SEM. The solution for revolves is to place the SEM at center of the revolving stage and then nest the turntable under the SEM.

If I'm missing something please let me know.

• Hi, that helps a lot, thanks.

But for the center of the revolving stage is in augmented at x/y 0m/6.5 m I made a group with that position. The rotation both of stage and structure standing on the stage works now fine.

But...

* I place the focus of a mover to a point on the structure.

* I record a focus palette.

* I connect focus palette and SEM via tab 23.

* I go back to live - and the focus of the mover changes...Is it because of the "offset" of the revolving stage? Is it a bug? Is it a feature?

Any suggestions?

• Hi, that helps a lot, thanks.

But for the center of the revolving stage is in augmented at x/y 0m/6.5 m I made a group with that position. The rotation both of stage and structure standing on the stage works now fine.

But...

* I place the focus of a mover to a point on the structure.

* I record a focus palette.

* I connect focus palette and SEM via tab 23.

* I go back to live - and the focus of the mover changes...Is it because of the "offset" of the revolving stage? Is it a bug? Is it a feature?

Any suggestions?

Children
Related