Saving to a sub

We have several lights on. Then put up a new light that we want to save (only this) to a sub.

Using Record Sub # will of course on repaly show all the lights we had up at time of record.

But I only want the last one we put up. I tried using Record Only after making sure that , that light was the only one selected.

But on replay all the lights came on! 

Question: If we have a mixed bag of lights up and only want to save one to a sub, how do we do that?

Parents
  • The difference between Record and RecordOnly is the latter only stores red values, whereas Record will record no matter the color of the values.

You want to record selectively, this works with both Record and RecordOnly:

Chan 5 [Record] [Sub] 4 [Enter], or

Two things to note:

• If your selection is terminated (i.e. you pressed Enter or rolled the intensity wheel after your selection and now you have Diamonds at the end of your command line), Record will lose that selection and start a new command line. In this case [SelectLast] is your friend.
    • Because you already seem to have recorded the sub with too many channels, overwriting this sub with above syntax will add to your sub, but not completely overwrite it. To make sure you only get that one channel in this sub, you would have to first delete the sub and then start over again by using the selective record command line as shown above.
  • The difference between Record and RecordOnly is the latter only stores red values, whereas Record will record no matter the color of the values.

You want to record selectively, this works with both Record and RecordOnly:

Chan 5 [Record] [Sub] 4 [Enter], or

Two things to note:

• If your selection is terminated (i.e. you pressed Enter or rolled the intensity wheel after your selection and now you have Diamonds at the end of your command line), Record will lose that selection and start a new command line. In this case [SelectLast] is your friend.
    • Because you already seem to have recorded the sub with too many channels, overwriting this sub with above syntax will add to your sub, but not completely overwrite it. To make sure you only get that one channel in this sub, you would have to first delete the sub and then start over again by using the selective record command line as shown above.
Children
Related