Update Show File Errors

I used Shift + Update and as the file was saving a list of messages scrolled down in the CIA pretty quickly. I caught a glimps of a line in RED. An error, but it scrolled by too quick for me to read. How can I go back and see what errors happened during update please

Parents Reply Children
  • I read the logs and saw the problem. So I ran every test I could find on my hard drive. Nothing came up. Nor has any other program seen a problem.  I was able to save to a thumb drive without any error messages.

This afternoon I updated to EOS version 3.2.4 build 58. File saves to the HDD caused the same error! So I am at a loss here. It started occurring yesterday. I've had no problems like this in the years Ive been running EOS.

• Is EOS on your PC actually saving to your PC's HDD, or did Windows switch the location without you noticing and it is now trying to save to OneDrive (and so online instead)?

Happened to me recently...

• Our Console is not connected to the Internet (hence OneDrive). The saves are trying to go to the correct Show File Archive. Also I notice that I can't manually Save As either. I updated to 3.2.4 with same problem. I'm hopping to get EOS onto a new laptop tomorrow. At the moment, after any changes, I'm using Save As to USB drive. In looking around I notice the exact same question came up a while back. That was resolved by carrying out a clear out in the shell which didn't work for me sadly.

• One Drive is online.

OneDrive

Description

Microsoft OneDrive is a file hosting service operated by Microsoft. First released in August 2007, it allows registered users to store, share and sync their files. OneDrive also works as the storage backend of the web version of Microsoft 365 / Office. Wikipedia
  • I'm not using OneDrive.This all happens saving to regular show file archieve on my desktop's SSD. At moment I have a USB SSD attached and saving to that does not incur errors. As I can't find any disk problems on the main drive using a number of chdsk and other diagnostics I'll probably end up leaving the USB/HD attached and redirecting my show file archive there. I'm not placing any bets but later today when I put EOS on my new laptop I'm sure the problem will not occur!

Related