Disabling Channels in patch

Hi! Copied from facebook group in the hope someone here has found a nice solution to this;

Any way to disable output of channels in patch so they won't count towards the dongle limit? I have a show with 10K total addresses, but am using a 1024 dongle in the workshop to program just little bits of the scenery and unpatching most of the rig seems to be the only way to get output to these channels.

Thanks!

Parents
  • I can see two workarounds, other than unpatching:

• Don't use a dongle. This allows for the mode Offline w/viz to be used which doesn't have an output limit. It does however bump all patched addresses to 255 or 0 from time to time, to keep users from using this for show purposes.
    • Move the unused channels to higher channel numbers than the channels you want to test. The decision which addresses are being served and which are ignored in case the license is too small is based on the channel numbers. Channels with low numbers will output, the first channel that needs to use the 1025th address (not address 1025) will be cut.
  • I can see two workarounds, other than unpatching:

• Don't use a dongle. This allows for the mode Offline w/viz to be used which doesn't have an output limit. It does however bump all patched addresses to 255 or 0 from time to time, to keep users from using this for show purposes.
    • Move the unused channels to higher channel numbers than the channels you want to test. The decision which addresses are being served and which are ignored in case the license is too small is based on the channel numbers. Channels with low numbers will output, the first channel that needs to use the 1025th address (not address 1025) will be cut.
Children
Related