Element 2 won't connect to our monitor

Hello, were pretty new to the Element 2 so we dont have it really figured out.

weve been having major trouble connecting the Element 2 to our monitors. weve tried many diffrient things to try to fix this issue. weve tried diffrient monitorrs and diffrient connecting cables but to no avale.

is there a button we have topress on the board?

we are out of ideas so any suggestions would help. 

thank you so much

moved to appropriate forum
[edited by: eos moderator at 11:08 PM (GMT -5) on Mon, Oct 16 2023]
Parents
  • If I remember correctly, the Element 2 has DisplayPort jacks. Are you using DisplayPort cables with DisplayPort on both ends and the monitor has DisplayPort in, or do the monitors have HDMI in? A cord that goes from DisplayPort to HDMI is fine conceptually.

DVI should be fine as well, like with the older Ion consoles, although I'm not sure what kind of adapters there are for it.

However, if your monitors are instead VGA, that's a red flag. VGA is an analog signal and the Element 2 is putting out a digital signal (I don't believe it has built-in active adapter in it???). Some output devices will have a built-in active adapter, but most don't. I'm not sure about the Element 2, but I would assume it doesn't. This means that if you are using a DisplayPort to VGA cord that does not have its own power supply, it will NOT work. 

To be clear, DVI is the white, wide, older style plug and VGA is the old, but super common monitor plug that usually has two screws on either side. 

Am I correct in understanding you currently don't have a single monitor working, so no display at all? If you do have a display working, you can access the monitor settings in the Shell.

If that didn't help, please provide more information on the monitors and cords you're using.

Also, is this a brand new board or used?

As for is there a button you have to press on the board, the answer is yes. The power button. That's all though. Many lights on the panel should light up to indicate it is powered on. At that point it should be outputting video for monitors.

• If I remember correctly, the Element 2 has DisplayPort jacks. Are you using DisplayPort cables with DisplayPort on both ends and the monitor has DisplayPort in, or do the monitors have HDMI in? A cord that goes from DisplayPort to HDMI is fine conceptually.

DVI should be fine as well, like with the older Ion consoles, although I'm not sure what kind of adapters there are for it.

However, if your monitors are instead VGA, that's a red flag. VGA is an analog signal and the Element 2 is putting out a digital signal (I don't believe it has built-in active adapter in it???). Some output devices will have a built-in active adapter, but most don't. I'm not sure about the Element 2, but I would assume it doesn't. This means that if you are using a DisplayPort to VGA cord that does not have its own power supply, it will NOT work. 

To be clear, DVI is the white, wide, older style plug and VGA is the old, but super common monitor plug that usually has two screws on either side. 

Am I correct in understanding you currently don't have a single monitor working, so no display at all? If you do have a display working, you can access the monitor settings in the Shell.

If that didn't help, please provide more information on the monitors and cords you're using.

Also, is this a brand new board or used?

As for is there a button you have to press on the board, the answer is yes. The power button. That's all though. Many lights on the panel should light up to indicate it is powered on. At that point it should be outputting video for monitors.

Children
No Data
Related