Scenes on Magic Sheets

Greetings,

I'm struggling to understand the Scene element in Magic Sheets.

I assumed it would be a Direct Select button, but you don't seem to be able to assign a specific Scene to it once added to your sheet.

It appears to do nothing until a cue is played back from any list that contains a Scene. From then on it is bound to that Cue List and will display only scenes from that list, even if I release the list, switch it Off, or unload it. It even sticks to the same list if I reload the showfile… The only way I've found to unlink it is to exit to the shell and perform a deep clear. Then once I reload the show it will display scenes from the first Cue List played back with a Scene recorded, but will again stick to it like glue until another Deep Clear is performed.

Seems like a bug to me.

Does this seem strange to anyone else, or am I just using it wrong?

I'd love to have a Direct Select Scene button. It does seem odd that there is a button element for all other Direct Select targets, but not scenes.

I understand the need for a Scene element that displays the current Scene in a specific Cue List, but this current implementation, if that is what was intended, seems unfinished.

Thoughts appreciated.

Best,

Sabr.

Parents
  • The Scene object for magic sheets is not meant to be a direct select replacement, it's an indicator of the current cue's scene.

It follows the selected cuelist, that's the one listed at the beginning of your command line. To see the current scene for another cuelist's current cue simply select it in the command line: [Cue] 2 [/] [Enter].

Go can also change which cuelist is the selected one. This follows regular Eos rules as well: If a cuelist is triggered by Go it will get selected (and with that the Scene object). To avoid enable the cuelist's Phantom property.

• Ok, this makes more sense.

All of the cue lists I've been testing this on are set to Phantom which is no doubt why I wasn't understanding the intended use.

If I switch Phantom off it behaves as you discribe. Thanks for the clarification. 

So as an indicator I can see the need, but the ability to lock the indicator to a specific Cue List seems necessary. 

I'd still love a Direct Select MS item for scenes. Guess I'll pop that on the feature wish list.. 

Thanks again.

• Ok, this makes more sense.

All of the cue lists I've been testing this on are set to Phantom which is no doubt why I wasn't understanding the intended use.

If I switch Phantom off it behaves as you discribe. Thanks for the clarification. 

So as an indicator I can see the need, but the ability to lock the indicator to a specific Cue List seems necessary. 

I'd still love a Direct Select MS item for scenes. Guess I'll pop that on the feature wish list.. 

Thanks again.

Children
No Data
Related