Encoder wheels stuck in snap mode.

On our Ti the encoder wheels will get stuck in snap mode.  Even changing between fixtures and perameter doesn't reset to continuous.  Also half the buttons will just stop working.  Numbers work fine and everything on that side but the execute buttons and everything on that side will stop working.  Hard reset is the only thing that fixes the problems.

Thanks

Justin 

• Thank you for reaching out! To help figure this out, the next time an encoder gets stuck clutching, could you please press Displays+Record, exit to the shell, go to Settings > Maintenance > Facepanel Test. Check if the encoder is still clutched, and finally pull logs with Maintenance > Log files.

When you have the logs you can either attach them here or send them to eos(dot)moderator(at)etcconnect(dot)com.

Thank you.

• In that instance, because non working Keys where discribed, Shortcuts would be better?
    Ain't they?
    Like [F9]+[R] ? Is that also doing it's Job?

• I have also had a very similar issue (but just the encoder being stuck) on our at5 over the last couple of weeks. It happens randomly and then randomly fixes itself again. Had always been encoder 2 so far for us. Will try and log the error if/when it happens again

• I had this on a Gio @ 5 a year of more ago and mentioned it to someone on the ETC stand at a show (probably ABTT or PLASA) they said it might be a faulty fixture profile.  I am not resident at the theatre, my show was a little while before the ABTT/PLASA show I had no way to investigate.  That particular theatre is the only one I work which has a GIO @5

I was back in the same venue on 11 Nov 23.  The @5 is now on a more recent software level 3.2.5 I believe but I got exactly the same issue.
    In both cases it was the first encoder PAN it worked fine at the start of yesterday but then went into clutched mode and I could not move it. When it happened I had just selected PAN FAN CENTER

My gig was a one day in, rehearse/plot, perform, out thing so I was making only tweaks to pallets and positions I had pre plotted.  I used the encoders to adjust FOCUS pan and tilt and BEAM edge.  So I think the only use of the first encoder wheel was for pan.
    In 2022 the moving head fixtures were Clay-Paky Mini-B (in extended MC 8bit mode) in 2023 as well as those I had Ayrton Mistral (extended mode) I was adjusting the Mistrals when the clutching happened.  It may be relevant that I produced the 2023 showfile starting from the 2022 showfile.  On both occasions Pan encoder worked smoothly at the start of the day.
    Again, sorry but I can't take any diagnostic dumps.
Related