aRFR "encountered a fatal error and cannot continue"

Hi folks, I'm having some trouble with the aRFR app. When I try to open it, I get a message saying "Your application has encountered a fatal error and cannot continue". The app version is 4.1.1, installed on a Samsung Galaxy Tab E 8.0 (model number SM-T377V), with Android version 7.1.1.

I have tried restarting the tablet. I have tried clearing the aRFR cache and data. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. None of these have worked so far. Is there something else I can try? The app has previously worked on this tablet, and today was the first time I have encountered this error. Has anyone else run into this before?

Parents
  • Hello,

Android has a wide ecosystem of hardware which are grouped into different architectures based on common instructions their chipsets support. When we released aRFR 4.1.1, we mistakenly omitted the hardware support for the "armabi-v7a" architecture, which supports 32-bit ARM processors that are commonly used in older mobile devices or modern devices that are budget-friendly. The 4.1.2 release restores support for armabi-v7a, and includes updates required by Google to continue to allow aRFR in the Play Store.

We have a version of aRFR v4.1.2 available for Closed Beta.

To participate in this Closed Beta please fill out this Signup Form and we will get you added to the Closed Beta and email a Play Store link to download the Beta application.

Thank you,

Joe

• This beta worked for me — the app is booting up as normal. Moto G Pure (XT2163DL) running Android 12

Reply Children
No Data
Related