Backup automaticaly takes controll - did i missed something?

Hello there,

something came up today. And i feel like this isn't the first time for me.
I need some clarification please.

If i activate "Backup automaticaly takes controll", than the Desk should do it without me doing anything, right?

My Setup:
2x Gio (Master+Backup, they are making excelent contact with each other)
EOS v3.2.5.13
Multiconsole active
Backup takes over at higher Prio - active
Backup automaticaly takes Controll - active

If i say to my master, "Exit"! The Backup takes a little while (that is ok for me).
Then there is a window poping up, "lost master, take over? Yes/No"
Meanwhile, because there is no DMX hold, the hole stage goes dark.

And if i am not fast enough, the "Take over?" - Message will disappear.

---

Am i making something wrong?
I my world the Backup should jump in and i only will have a message that will tell me "Backup has taken controll over the Network. [ Ok ]"

I like to read your thoughts.

thanks
thilda

Parents
  • Starting with 3.2 this setting moved into setup.

The shell setting is only for one specific case: Before 3.2 this was a shell setting, in 3.2 and later it's in setup and lives in the showfile. However, if you load an older showfile it's not going to have the information because when that showfile was recorded the setting still lived in the shell. So in that specific case of loading a pre-3.2 showfile in  3.2+ software, that gap is going to be filled with whatever you have in the shell.

Would you mind confirming if backup taking over works as expected if you use the setup setting?

• Starting with 3.2 this setting moved into setup.

The shell setting is only for one specific case: Before 3.2 this was a shell setting, in 3.2 and later it's in setup and lives in the showfile. However, if you load an older showfile it's not going to have the information because when that showfile was recorded the setting still lived in the shell. So in that specific case of loading a pre-3.2 showfile in  3.2+ software, that gap is going to be filled with whatever you have in the shell.

Would you mind confirming if backup taking over works as expected if you use the setup setting?

Children
Related